Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Xfinity is a local ad

Here are some of the local advertisers I heard today on KKSF Newstalk910 broadcasting from Oakland CA: Dr. Panagotacos, Cache Creek, Five Star Windows, Mercedez Benz, Segale Brothers, Xfinity. I have calls into all of them except Xfinity which is impossible to reach because none of their 800 numbers will match you up with a anybody but a salesperson or a repair service. If anyone can point me in the right direction, thanks. I would need a bay area number because this ad, although Xfinity is national, is a local ad. I also found out that the Internet stream has a somewhat different advertising profile than does the 20KWatt station. Now a cynical person might think that KKSF might be trying to hide ads from the Democratic "operatives", but it probably has a more benign reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment